This 24x36 Saltbox Cabin Plan is a beautiful nod to the past, and filled with potential! The saltbox is a traditional style of home commonly found in New England. With its iconic one-story rear and two-story front, this design can suit many different purposes. There are plenty of options for storage in the rear, lower ceiling portion of the loft. And there are plenty of opportunities for windows on both levels. Show off your joinery skills with scarf, spline and mortise & tenon joints!
- 864 sqft. ground floor; app 576 sqft. loft
- Post to post dimensions of 23x36 allow for 6" walls and 24x36 foundation
- Ridge height 23’; lower plate 10’-6”; higher plate 15’-6”
- Ceiling height 8’-5” ground floor; 8’ main part of loft
- Roof pitch 8:12
- Footprint dimensions from outside to outside of posts: 23’x35'
You will receive links to download the PDF files as soon as you purchase the plans for this 24x36 Saltbox plan.
- They are formatted to print at 11x17 so you can see all the details.
- The construction set contains 12 pages filled with the information you need to complete your build.
- There are plenty of three dimensional drawings so you can picture the end result.
- Then there are production drawings, both exploded and assembled, with the timbers labeled to correspond to the piece drawings.
- We provide post, loft and rafter plans, and both longitudinal and transverse sections.
- The 5-page architectural set gives you floorplans and window/door layouts.
- The 39-page piece drawing set shows you every cut on each timber, fully dimensioned and labeled to match up to the production drawings.
- We also provide you with timber, connector, and parts lists.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we can modify our plans to the size you need on a custom basis. For more information on the services that we offer and how the process works check out the page HERE.
If that is something that would interest you, fill out the brief questionnaire HERE or click Get Started Today on the main Design Page from above.
As soon as we get your information and give it a quick review we’ll contact you to schedule a phone meeting. Please allow a few days for our team to respond.
Before our discussion, we urge you to buy the set of plans that most resembles the alteration that you seek. This will allow you to study the plans thoroughly, think through any other changes or design aspects that you want.
The plans we offer on our website are not stamped by an engineer. People build our frames all over the country, and in each location, there are different requirements. Timber species, design loads and values needed are just some of the factors engineers need to take into account in each case.
We do offer engineering services as an add-on to our standard plans. If this is something you are interested in, head HERE and fill out the brief questionnaire. Armed with that information, we can get our heads into your project before we speak. That way we are best prepared to answer all of your questions.
As soon as we get your information and give it a quick review we’ll contact you to schedule a meeting.
100% Money Back Guarantee for 30-Days
Purchase With Confidence...It's Risk Free!
If, for any reason, you don't like this plan, you can get a full refund anytime within 30 days after your purchase. If you have any issues, just get in touch with our support team and they'll either help you out until you get the results you need or give you a swift refund.
Timber Frame HQ provides plans for construction purposes but does not oversee the construction. The plan purchaser is responsible for assuring the plan meets local codes and regulations. It is the responsibility of the plan purchaser to obtain any and all structural analysis, engineering and specifications that may be required in the municipality in which it is to be built. Plan purchaser is to verify all lot conditions and measurements before construction. Purchaser is responsible for additional expenses incurred in order to meet local code and engineering requirements.
Customer understands that the following conditions in your specific area may require additional engineering:
- Wind / hurricane / tornado
- Seismic / earthquake
- Heavy snow
- Flood potential
- Soil instability
- Timber Frame Engineering
Customer understands that HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical will not be included in all plans.
Plan Licensing Agreement:
When you purchase a set of plans, you are purchasing a limited copyright license for a design giving you the right to build that structure one time at your location. Your copyright license was granted when you paid the purchase fee. You do not have the right to build the design a second time unless you have a signed agreement with Timber Frame HQ. Please note that copyright law protects “derivative works” the same as it protects the original design. That means that making some changes doesn’t make it a new design. We do not allow reproduction or modifications of our designs, without permission. Your copyright license does not allow another professional to represent our design work as their own.
Timber Frame HQ retains all common law, statutory and other reserved rights, including the copyright. This applies even when you have participated in the development of the design to a significant degree.