Have you been dreaming of combining the craft of timber frame with the iconic form of an A-frame? Look no further! If you are an experienced timber framer, this is a great project to utilize the skills you have. This 24x36 A-Frame has loads of character with the cruck-style braces and curved collars. The steeply pitched roof creates a soaring ceiling and ample headroom in the loft bedroom. The four A-frame exterior faces provide plenty of opportunity to bring in natural light.
The overall dimensions of this 24x36 A-Frame are 22-11 ¾” x 34’-11 ¾”. All roof pitches are 24:12. The ridge height is +21’-6 ⅞”; and the top of the rafters stand at +21’-10 ⅜”.
This plan set includes the interior layout for a kitchen, dining area, great room bath, stairs and loft bedroom. The bedroom loft sits above the sitting area and bathroom , and overlooks the great room and kitchen. Those open spaces have soaring ceilings!
We give you plenty of information when you purchase this plan! You will receive links to download the plan set PDFs. The construction set has 19 pages full of 3D drawings, dimensioned post, beam and roof plans, and lots of section drawings. We include detail drawings and elevations. The piece drawing set contains 60 pages showing you every timber in 2D and 3D, with all the cuts dimensioned. And we include timber and connector lists so you know exactly what materials you need to purchase.
- 21’-8 ¾” wide by 34’-11 ¾” long outside of post to outside of post
- Height to Top of Girt +8’-0 ½”
- Height to Peak of Roof 21’-10 ⅜” ” with 24:12 Roof Pitch
- Posts - 8x8
- Girts - 8x10, 8x12
- Collar Ties – 8x12
- Ridge –6x10
- Rafters – 8x10
- Purlins –6x6
- Ridge Beam –6x10
- Braces – Wind Braces- 8x10
- 81 pages total
- Construction Drawings – 19 pages (11x17)
- Detailed Piece Drawings – 60 (11x17)
- Materials Lists – 2 pages (8 ½ x 11)
We are happy to modify and update the drawings to your specifications. We can adjust the footprint, roof pitch, overhangs, and overall heights. These will eliminate your mistakes in modifying an existing plan to meet your needs.
A couple of notes and requests:
- Even the slightest change to the drawings can impact the time it takes to modify them. Most of the 2d drawings, timber list, and fastener list will need to update. The stock plans take between 15 hours to 40+ hours or $1,375 to $3,400+. Your project will not cost the same as the original, so that you will see savings.
- Our design services are $85 per hour. Engineering services are $200 per hour. We have a minimum charge of $500 for our design work.
- Lengthening (parallel to the main ridge) is more affordable than changing the width or adjusting the roof pitch.
- We have made it a requirement that you purchase this plan for us to modify it. You need to have a copy of the plans so you can make changes that you want to make and mark them for us to review. In the end, if you don’t go with any of our services, we will be happy to refund you 100%.
- Once you have purchased the plans and have reviewed them, please fill out the form below. It will get you into our system, and one of our team members will get back to you with an estimate for our services. Please include any of the following changes to our form's "Other Project Info" section.
- Overall width and length that you are after from the outside of the posts.
- New 2nd Floor Framing Height
- New KneeWall Frame Height (from 2nd-floor framing height to top of the top plate?)
- New Overhang Dimensions both for the sides and ends?
- Any adjustments to the Roof Slope?
100% Money Back Guarantee for 30-Days
Purchase With Confidence...It's Risk Free!
If, for any reason, you don't like this plan, you can get a full refund anytime within 30 days after your purchase. If you have any issues, just get in touch with our support team and they'll either help you out until you get the results you need or give you a swift refund.
Timber Frame HQ provides plans for construction purposes but does not oversee the construction. The plan purchaser is responsible for assuring the plan meets local codes and regulations. It is the responsibility of the plan purchaser to obtain any and all structural analysis, engineering and specifications that may be required in the municipality in which it is to be built. Plan purchaser is to verify all lot conditions and measurements before construction. Purchaser is responsible for additional expenses incurred in order to meet local code and engineering requirements.
Customer understands that the following conditions in your specific area may require additional engineering:
- Wind / hurricane / tornado
- Seismic / earthquake
- Heavy snow
- Flood potential
- Soil instability
- Timber Frame Engineering
Customer understands that HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical will not be included in all plans.
Plan Licensing Agreement:
When you purchase a set of plans, you are purchasing a limited copyright license for a design giving you the right to build that structure one time at your location. Your copyright license was granted when you paid the purchase fee. You do not have the right to build the design a second time unless you have a signed agreement with Timber Frame HQ. Please note that copyright law protects “derivative works” the same as it protects the original design. That means that making some changes doesn’t make it a new design. We do not allow reproduction or modifications of our designs, without permission. Your copyright license does not allow another professional to represent our design work as their own.
Timber Frame HQ retains all common law, statutory and other reserved rights, including the copyright. This applies even when you have participated in the development of the design to a significant degree.