This 14×16 post and beam plan is a moderately-sized outbuilding that is easy to build! It has 224 square feet between the posts and generous two-foot overhangs on all sides. This size of this structure makes it fit into most backyards, but it is large enough for a variety of uses. Use it as a hot tub shelter, outdoor dining pavilion, gardener’s shed, or anything else you can think of.
- Engineered connectors greatly simplify cutting and joining the frame.
- To make your life even easier, you can purchase the connector kit from us at Timber Frame HQ! No need to look all over for the parts you need – we have figured that out for you!
- You can change the style and proportions of the plan to your taste with the optional roof pitch variations (included in the drawings) available from 3:12 to 12:12!
- The drawing set includes plan views, elevations, section drawingsand individual piece drawings.
- 3d renderings are included, with x-ray views to show you all the details and connectors to help you visualize and cut the frame.
- There is a full timber list to make your timber purchase painless.
- We include a detailed fastener schedule.
- The drawings are formatted in PDF for instant download. They are sized at 8 ½” x 11”, for easy printing at home.
Timber Frame HQ provides plans for construction purposes but does not oversee the construction. The plan purchaser is responsible for assuring the plan meets local codes and regulations. It is the responsibility of the plan purchaser to obtain any and all structural analysis, engineering, and specifications that may be required in the municipality in which it is to be built. Plan purchaser is to verify all lot conditions and measurements before construction. Purchaser is responsible for additional expenses incurred in order to meet local code and engineering requirements.
Customer understands that the following conditions in your specific area may require additional engineering:
- Wind / hurricane / tornado
- Seismic / earthquake
- Heavy snow
- Flood potential
- Soil instability
- Timber Frame Engineering
Customer understands that HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical will not be included in all plans.
Purchaser agrees that the use of the plan is for the construction of one house