If you want to build a true timber frame structure while using easily-acquired lumber, check out this 12x16 Saltbox Plan! It uses 4x and 6x material, so it’s also pretty economical to build! In true saltbox fashion, this frame has an asymmetrical roof. This makes one top plate stand higher than the other and gives you lots of opportunity to install cladding and windows to suit your purposes. The common truss design simplifies your work and creates a clean frame.
- 4x6 braces and common rafters
- 6x6 posts and principle rafters
- 6x10 girts, ridges and top plates
- 1084 board feet of timber
- Plan measures 12x16 from outside to outside of the posts, 2 foot overhangs on plate ends
- 8’-2” to top of girt; 16’-2” to top of rafters; 7’-4” between top of girt and top of ridge
- 10:12 roof pitch
When you purchase this plan you will receive instant-download links to a wealth of information!
- The construction plan set contains 10 pages with 3D drawings, including labels that correspond to the piece drawings. There are post and roof plans, and transverse and longitudinal sections so you can see everything you need.
- The 16-page piece drawing set shows you every cut you will make on each timber, and the labels match up to the 3D drawings so you can see where everything fits into the frame.
- We also give you timber and connector lists to make your material shopping easier.
100% Money Back Guarantee for 30-Days
Purchase With Confidence...It's Risk Free!
If, for any reason, you don't like this plan, you can get a full refund anytime within 30 days after your purchase. If you have any issues, just get in touch with our support team and they'll either help you out until you get the results you need or give you a swift refund.
Timber Frame HQ provides plans for construction purposes but does not oversee the construction. The plan purchaser is responsible for assuring the plan meets local codes and regulations. It is the responsibility of the plan purchaser to obtain any and all structural analysis, engineering and specifications that may be required in the municipality in which it is to be built. Plan purchaser is to verify all lot conditions and measurements before construction. Purchaser is responsible for additional expenses incurred in order to meet local code and engineering requirements.
Customer understands that the following conditions in your specific area may require additional engineering:
- Wind / hurricane / tornado
- Seismic / earthquake
- Heavy snow
- Flood potential
- Soil instability
- Timber Frame Engineering
Customer understands that HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical will not be included in all plans.
Plan Licensing Agreement:
When you purchase a set of plans, you are purchasing a limited copyright license for a design giving you the right to build that structure one time at your location. Your copyright license was granted when you paid the purchase fee. You do not have the right to build the design a second time unless you have a signed agreement with Timber Frame HQ. Please note that copyright law protects “derivative works” the same as it protects the original design. That means that making some changes doesn’t make it a new design. We do not allow reproduction or modifications of our designs, without permission. Your copyright license does not allow another professional to represent our design work as their own.
Timber Frame HQ retains all common law, statutory and other reserved rights, including the copyright. This applies even when you have participated in the development of the design to a significant degree.