This 14x36 with shed roof plan has so much potential for a variety of purposes! The main frame is a full two-story design and measures 14x36 from outside to outside of the posts. The shed roof lean-to measures an additional 8x36 feet . You can enclose the shed for more ground floor space, or leave it open to the air for a comfortable porch. The common truss and collar tie design leaves plenty of room for windows all around.
There are 504 square feet on each floor of the main frame. The shed frame adds an additional 288 square feet for a total of 1296 square feet! In the main frame, the top of joists sit at 9’-4”, and it’s another 6’-2” to the top of the second level top plate. The top of the main frame rafters are at 21’-3”.
The main frame has a 9:12 roof pitch, while the shed frame’s roof pitch is 4:12. The shed’s wall plates measure 11’-2” at the top. There are generous 2’ overhangs on all sides. This frame is designed to be secured to a concrete slab foundation to be designed and engineered by others.
- You will receive links to download the PDFs of the plan sets as soon as you buy these plans on the confirmation page and via email.
- The construction set contains 14 pages.
- They are formatted to print on 11x17 paper, but you can print a study set on letter size paper.
- There are several 3D drawings to help you picture the finished product.
- We include floor, roof and loft plans, and elevation and section drawings.
- We also include enlarged detail drawings explaining the finer points.
- The 36 page piece drawing set shows you every cut you’ll make on each timber, fully dimensioned. The pieces are labeled to correspond to labels found in the construction set.
- We also include timber and connector lists, so have the information you need to budget for and purchase your materials.
- 14’ wide by 36’ long outside of post to outside of post, plus 8’ by 36’ shed area
- 2’ overhangs on all four sides
- Height to Top of Plate 15’-6”
- Height to Peak of Roof 21’-3 9/16” ” with 9:12 Roof Pitch (4:12 for shed roof)
- Posts –8x8
- Bent Girt – 8x12
- Ridge –6x10
- Rafters – 4x8, 6x8
- Plates – 8x10
- Tie Beams – 6x8
- Braces – 4x6
- 52 pages total
- Construction Drawings – 14 pages (11x17)
- Detailed Piece Drawings – 36 pages (11x17)
- Materials Lists – 2 pages (8 1/2x11)
We are so confident that you’ll love the this plan, we stand behind it 100% with our 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. It means you have 30 days to initiate a return with us for any reason, plus a lifetime of support if anything comes up.
It’s the best Return and Warranty Policy of any company in the business. You can buy from us with full confidence that we’ll be here to help if something goes wrong, or if the plan just doesn’t end up working out for you.
Our money-back guarantee gives you 30 days to decide whether this plan is everything you hoped for. If for some reason it’s not working out, you can return it for a full refund. Here’s how that works:
Email us within 30 days of placing your order. We will refund you the full purchase price of this plan.
And remember, if you have any issues whatsoever with your plan, even if you’re not sure you want to return it, please get in touch with us personally. We want you and every other Timber Frame HQ customer to have the best possible experience with us.
Please note the 30-Day Guarantee is for individual plan purchases and not for our Timber Frame Plan Bundle or other plan bundles for which we do not offer refunds due to the nature of the product.
Timber Frame HQ provides plans for construction purposes but does not oversee the construction. The plan purchaser is responsible for assuring the plan meets local codes and regulations. It is the responsibility of the plan purchaser to obtain any and all structural analysis, engineering and specifications that may be required in the municipality in which it is to be built. Plan purchaser is to verify all lot conditions and measurements before construction. Purchaser is responsible for additional expenses incurred in order to meet local code and engineering requirements.
Customer understands that the following conditions in your specific area may require additional engineering:
- Wind / hurricane / tornado
- Seismic / earthquake
- Heavy snow
- Flood potential
- Soil instability
- Timber Frame Engineering
Customer understands that HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical will not be included in all plans.
Plan Licensing Agreement:
When you purchase a set of plans, you are purchasing a limited copyright license for a design giving you the right to build that structure one time at your location. Your copyright license was granted when you paid the purchase fee. You do not have the right to build the design a second time unless you have a signed agreement with Timber Frame HQ. Please note that copyright law protects “derivative works” the same as it protects the original design. That means that making some changes doesn’t make it a new design. We do not allow reproduction or modifications of our designs, without permission. Your copyright license does not allow another professional to represent our design work as their own.
Timber Frame HQ retains all common law, statutory and other reserved rights, including the copyright. This applies even when you have participated in the development of the design to a significant degree.