Purchase individually or in our Post Base Kit
12″ long, 7/8″ diameter threaded rod, grade B7 with a yellow chromate zinc finish. As a timber framer, you know that the quality of your materials is crucial to the success of your project and not all threaded rod is created equal. That’s why we stock the specific 7/8″ x 12″ threaded rod that we do, a premium-grade product that is perfect for your next timber frame project.
Crafted from high-quality materials and designed with precision, this threaded rod is engineered to meet the most demanding applications:
- 7/8″ diameter and 9 threads per inch, perfect for the Timberlinx A475 and our exclusive Heavy Duty Post Base Standoff, our go-to hold down solution for all timber frames.
- ASTM A193 Grade B7: This means a minimum tensile strength of at least 125,000 psi, exceeding the requirements of our engineer’s recommendations. This is not cheap steel.
- Zinc yellow-chromate plating offers much better corrosion resistance than a galvanized finish and won’t rust out. It’s the exact same coating used in the off-road/automotive industry.
- Also useful for joining any two Timberlinx ‘half-connectors’ like the A475, AA675, and AB675 as a tension rod or across larger joints.
- Can be installed after your foundation is poured for increased accuracy (use a 1″ bit and an epoxy anchoring adhesive like Simpson SET-3G)
Whether you’re building a new timber frame structure or repairing an existing one, the 7/8″ x 12″ threaded rod is the most sensible choice for your project. With its exceptional quality, strength, and durability, you can be confident that your timber frame will stand strong for generations to come.