Have you been looking for a timber frame with a symmetrical roof? If so, check out this 16x24 hipped roof pavilion! If you live in a snowy or windy area, a hipped roof is a good choice because of its sturdiness. This frame is designed with simple trusses with cross braces. But this is not necessarily a frame for beginners, as there are some compound angles in the jack rafters. You might want to check out this video for a good explanation of how to cut them.
This 16x24 hipped roof pavilion would make a graceful addition to your landscape. The dimensions noted are from outside to outside of the 8x8 posts. There are generous 2 foot overhangs for plenty of protection from the elements. Its height adds plenty of stature- the top plates are over 9’-11” high, and the top of the rafters at the ridge are over 17 feet high. The traditional pegged mortise and tenon joinery adds loads of charm to this classic pavilion.
When you make your purchase you will receive links to download the plan set PDFs. They are filled with loads of valuable information! The construction set contains 8 pages of 2D and 3D drawings. There are post and roof plans, sections, and plenty of axonometric drawings so you can picture your finished frame.
We also include details explaining some finer points. The piece drawing set contains 23 pages that show you all the cuts you’ll make on every timber, with complete dimensions. We also give you timber and connector lists so you will know exactly what materials you need.
- 16’ Wide by 24’ Long outside of post to outside of post
- 2' overhang on all sides
- Height to bottom of Plate 9’2” (Head room of first floor)
- Height to peak of Roof 17’2" with 10/12 roof pitch
- Posts - 8x8
- Plates - 8x10
- Tie Beams - 8x10
- Collar Ties - 6x8
- Rafters - 4x8, 6x8, and 6x12
- Ridge - 6x8
- Braces - 4x6
- 33 Pages Total
- Construction Drawings - 8 Pages (17x11)
- Detailed Piece Drawings - 23Pages (17x11)
- Materials Lists - 2 Pages (8½x11)
We are happy to modify and update the drawings to your specifications. We can adjust the footprint, roof pitch, overhangs, and overall heights. These will eliminate your mistakes in modifying an existing plan to meet your needs.
A couple of notes and requests:
- Lengthening (parallel to the main ridge) is more affordable than changing the width or adjusting the roof pitch.
- We have made it a requirement that you purchase this plan for us to modify it. You need to have a copy of the plans so you can make changes that you want to make and mark them for us to review. In the end, if you don’t go with any of our services, we will be happy to refund you 100%.
- Once you have purchased the plans and have reviewed them, please fill out the form below. It will get you into our system, and one of our team members will get back to you with an estimate for our services. Please include any of the following changes to our form's "Other Project Info" section.
- Overall width and length that you are after from the outside of the posts.
- New 2nd Floor Framing Height
- New KneeWall Frame Height (from 2nd-floor framing height to top of the top plate?)
- New Overhang Dimensions both for the sides and ends?
- Any adjustments to the Roof Slope?
Procuring the hardware for your project is easy with our timber frame parts kit! Just purchase what you need from Timber Frame HQ with one click! You don’t need to scrounge around for your pegs or find just the right screws for your rafters. As always, a few extras are thrown in just in case. We’ve got you covered! With this kit, you get:
With this kit, you get:
- (6) 200 mm Alumidi Connectors for junctions between posts and tie beams
- (3) 160 mm Alumidi Connectors for junctions between tie-beams and king posts
- (9) Simplex Barrel Bolts for junctions between plates and posts, and plates and king posts
- (56) 155 mm SBD self-drilling screws, for fastening the Alumidi connectors (We throw in 10% extra in case of loss or errors).
- (66) 240 mm TBS+evo screws, for attaching the rafters to the plates, please refer to the plans for other options and quantity counts. (We throw in 10% extra in case of loss or errors).
- (4) 200 mm TBS+evo screws, for securing the scarf joints
- (79) 7 mm x 180 mm VGZ structural screws, for securing the knee braces. (We throw in 10% extra in case of loss or errors).
100% Money Back Guarantee for 30-Days
Purchase With Confidence...It's Risk Free!
If, for any reason, you don't like this plan, you can get a full refund anytime within 30 days after your purchase. If you have any issues, just get in touch with our support team and they'll either help you out until you get the results you need or give you a swift refund.
Timber Frame HQ provides plans for construction purposes but does not oversee the construction. The plan purchaser is responsible for assuring the plan meets local codes and regulations. It is the responsibility of the plan purchaser to obtain any and all structural analysis, engineering and specifications that may be required in the municipality in which it is to be built. Plan purchaser is to verify all lot conditions and measurements before construction. Purchaser is responsible for additional expenses incurred in order to meet local code and engineering requirements.
Customer understands that the following conditions in your specific area may require additional engineering:
- Wind / hurricane / tornado
- Seismic / earthquake
- Heavy snow
- Flood potential
- Soil instability
- Timber Frame Engineering
Customer understands that HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical will not be included in all plans.
Plan Licensing Agreement:
When you purchase a set of plans, you are purchasing a limited copyright license for a design giving you the right to build that structure one time at your location. Your copyright license was granted when you paid the purchase fee. You do not have the right to build the design a second time unless you have a signed agreement with Timber Frame HQ. Please note that copyright law protects “derivative works” the same as it protects the original design. That means that making some changes doesn’t make it a new design. We do not allow reproduction or modifications of our designs, without permission. Your copyright license does not allow another professional to represent our design work as their own.
Timber Frame HQ retains all common law, statutory and other reserved rights, including the copyright. This applies even when you have participated in the development of the design to a significant degree.