Have you been looking for a timber frame with a symmetrical roof? If so, check out this 16x24 hipped roof pavilion! If you live in a snowy or windy area, a hipped roof is a good choice because of its sturdiness. This frame is designed with simple trusses with cross braces. But this is not necessarily a frame for beginners, as there are some compound angles in the jack rafters. You might want to check out this video for a good explanation of how to cut them.
This 16x24 hipped roof pavilion would make a graceful addition to your landscape. The dimensions noted are from outside to outside of the 8x8 posts. There are generous 2 foot overhangs for plenty of protection from the elements. Its height adds plenty of stature- the top plates are over 9’-11” high, and the top of the rafters at the ridge are over 17 feet high. The traditional pegged mortise and tenon joinery adds loads of charm to this classic pavilion.
When you make your purchase you will receive links to download the plan set PDFs. They are filled with loads of valuable information! The construction set contains 8 pages of 2D and 3D drawings. There are post and roof plans, sections, and plenty of axonometric drawings so you can picture your finished frame.
We also include details explaining some finer points. The piece drawing set contains 23 pages that show you all the cuts you’ll make on every timber, with complete dimensions. We also give you timber and connector lists so you will know exactly what materials you need.
- 16’ Wide by 24’ Long outside of post to outside of post
- 2' overhang on all sides
- Height to bottom of Plate 9’2” (Head room of first floor)
- Height to peak of Roof 17’2" with 10/12 roof pitch
- Posts - 8x8
- Plates - 8x10
- Tie Beams - 8x10
- Collar Ties - 6x8
- Rafters - 4x8, 6x8, and 6x12
- Ridge - 6x8
- Braces - 4x6
- 33 Pages Total
- Construction Drawings - 8 Pages (17x11)
- Detailed Piece Drawings - 23Pages (17x11)
- Materials Lists - 2 Pages (8½x11)
We are happy to modify and update the drawings to your specifications. We can adjust the footprint, roof pitch, overhangs, and overall heights. These will eliminate your mistakes in modifying an existing plan to meet your needs.
A couple of notes and requests:
- Lengthening (parallel to the main ridge) is more affordable than changing the width or adjusting the roof pitch.
- We have made it a requirement that you purchase this plan for us to modify it. You need to have a copy of the plans so you can make changes that you want to make and mark them for us to review. In the end, if you don’t go with any of our services, we will be happy to refund you 100%.
- Once you have purchased the plans and have reviewed them, please fill out the form below. It will get you into our system, and one of our team members will get back to you with an estimate for our services. Please include any of the following changes to our form's "Other Project Info" section.
- Overall width and length that you are after from the outside of the posts.
- New 2nd Floor Framing Height
- New KneeWall Frame Height (from 2nd-floor framing height to top of the top plate?)
- New Overhang Dimensions both for the sides and ends?
- Any adjustments to the Roof Slope?
Timber Frame Fastener Kit
Procuring the hardware for your project is easy with our timber frame parts kit! Just purchase what you need from Timber Frame HQ with one click! You don’t need to scrounge around for your pegs or find just the right screws for your rafters. As always, a few extras are thrown in just in case. We’ve got you covered! With this kit, you get:
- (60) 260 mm TBS screws, for attaching the rafters to the plates and securing the scarf joints.
- (30) 300 mm TBS screws, for attaching rafters to the ridge.
- (86) Pegs for securing your mortise and tenon joinery.
- We recommend using one of our Wood Owl Auger Bits for your project.
Post and Beam Fastener Kit
With this kit, you get:
- (6) 200 mm Alumidi Connectors for junctions between posts and tie beams
- (3) 160 mm Alumidi Connectors for junctions between tie-beams and king posts
- (9) Simplex Barrel Bolts for junctions between plates and posts, and plates and king posts
- (56) 155 mm SBD self-drilling screws, for fastening the Alumidi connectors (We throw in 10% extra in case of loss or errors).
- (66) 240 mm TBS+evo screws, for attaching the rafters to the plates, please refer to the plans for other options and quantity counts. (We throw in 10% extra in case of loss or errors).
- (4) 200 mm TBS+evo screws, for securing the scarf joints
- (79) 7 mm x 180 mm VGZ structural screws, for securing the knee braces. (We throw in 10% extra in case of loss or errors).
100% Money Back Guarantee for 30-Days
Purchase With Confidence...It's Risk Free!
If, for any reason, you don't like this plan, you can get a full refund anytime within 30 days after your purchase. If you have any issues, just get in touch with our support team and they'll either help you out until you get the results you need or give you a swift refund.
Timber Frame HQ provides plans for construction purposes but does not oversee the construction. The plan purchaser is responsible for assuring the plan meets local codes and regulations. It is the responsibility of the plan purchaser to obtain any and all structural analysis, engineering and specifications that may be required in the municipality in which it is to be built. Plan purchaser is to verify all lot conditions and measurements before construction. Purchaser is responsible for additional expenses incurred in order to meet local code and engineering requirements.
Customer understands that the following conditions in your specific area may require additional engineering:
- Wind / hurricane / tornado
- Seismic / earthquake
- Heavy snow
- Flood potential
- Soil instability
- Timber Frame Engineering
Customer understands that HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical will not be included in all plans.
Plan Licensing Agreement:
PLAN PURCHASES AND GRANT OF LICENSE
This Copyright License Agreement (herein “Agreement”) governs your license with regard to the plans provided to you by Timber Frame HQ (“Timber Frame”).
Grant of License.
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Timber Frame grants you a non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable and non-transferable license to use the plans purchased from the Timber Frame website or otherwise provided to you by Timber Frame (the “License”).
This License is personal to you only. You may not use the License for any other purpose except for personal purposes. Commercial use of the License is strictly prohibited. Provided you abide by the terms of this Agreement, the term of the License will continue in full force and effect. If you are in default or in breach of your obligations under this Agreement this License automatically terminates.
Use of License.
Only you may use the License, and such use shall be limited as stated above. While Timber Frame HQ provides plans under the License for construction purposes, Timber Frame does not oversee the construction. Your are responsible for assuring the plan meets local codes and regulations. It is your responsibility to obtain any and all structural analysis, engineering, and specifications that may be required in the municipality in which it is to be built. You are to verify all lot conditions and measurements before construction. You are responsible for additional expenses incurred in order to meet local code and engineering requirements.
When you purchase a set of plans, you are purchasing a limited copyright license for a design giving you the right to build that structure one time at your location. Your License was granted when you paid the purchase fee. You do not have the right to build the design a second time unless you have a signed agreement with Timber Frame HQ.
All materials provided under this License are owned by Timber Frame HQ. Any License granted under this Agreement shall only convey a non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable, and non-transferable right to use the plans in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
The fee for the license granted under this Agreement is the price paid when you purchase the plans (the “License Fee”).
Termination of License
This Agreement and the License granted hereunder will terminate immediately upon:
(a)Violation. The violation or breach of any term of this Agreement by you or any other person you allow to use your License.
(b)Attempted Assignment. Your attempted assignment, sublicense, or transfer of this Agreement or any license granted under this Agreement.
Upon the termination or expiration of this you must immediately cease using the plans. Termination will not entitle you to any refund of the License Fees. You will remain liable for your violations or breaches of this Agreement that occurred before the termination of this Agreement.
No Derivative Works. No Reproduction. No Modification.
You are expressly prohibited from creating any derivative works in the plans or permit any other person to create any such derivative works. You are further expressly prohibited from reproducing the plans in any fashion on any medium. You may not modify the plans. Your License does not allow others to represent our design work as their own. Any commercial use of the plans is strictly prohibited.
Reservation of Rights.
Timber Frame HQ retains all common law, statutory, and other reserved rights, including the copyright. This applies even when you have participated in the development of the design to a significant degree.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
EXCEPT FOR TIMBER FRAME HQ'S WARRANTIES THAT TIMBER FRAME HQ POSSESSES THE RIGHT TO LICENSE THE PLANS TO THE YOU AND THAT THE PLANS WILL NOT INFRINGE UPON ANY OTHER PERSON’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IN EXISTENCE AS OF THE DATE OF THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS AGREEMENT, WHICH IS THE LATER DATE SHOWN BELOW, TIMBER FRAME HQ IS PROVIDING THE PLANS “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND TIMBER FRAME HQ EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF DESIGN, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR MERCHANTABILITY. IN ADDITION, TIMBER FRAME HQ SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT THE PLANS WILL BE ERROR FREE AND TIMBER FRAME WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS SUFFERED BY YOU BECAUSE OF THE PLANS OR OTHERWISE.
4 thoughts on “16×24 Hipped Roof Pavilion”
Hello, I have a few questions regarding this plan.
I’d like to build this in my backyard but it seems that it is a bit larger than what we need.
I know that the posts are 8×8 but I’d be happier with 6×6 posts and small proportion of roofing accordingly.
The height of the structure according to the description was 9’-11ft to 17ft. I’d prefer 8ft to 10-11ft, or even 7ft to 9ft.
I’d like to know how I can go about acquiring a building plan based on those specifications.
Thank you in advance
Young, we can work up your plan alterations Custom Design for an additional charge through our Custom Design department.
If like those plans modified to This plan, 6×6 post, 6/12 pitch, Total height no more than 15′. 127″x167″ at the top plates.
I’d like to know how I can go about acquiring a building plan based on those specifications.
Thank you in advance
Please fill out the design questionnaire so we can understand your needs. That’s the best way to communicate with our team and get an estimate for design services.