Truss Framing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Brice Cochran Brice Cochran 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Juan Valdez
    Juan Valdez
    Participant

I have played around with a plan for house that is 65×32 plus a 10ft porch in the front so really about 65×42 on 9ft pillars. Nothing fancy just a typical ranch style roof and house with a single peak. Is it possible to go the 32ish feet with vaulted ceiling, with the master bedroom being about 20ft. I have looked at the typical truss and I really don’t see anything that would probably work for what I want. I know just about anything can be done. I spend a lot of time over seas and have seen some amazing timber framing. I am also not sure and using SIP I want more of a wood finish in and out. I am guess the SIP isn’t actually the finished product? Thanks for any and all replies not beating me up too bad 🙂

Brice Cochran
    Brice Cochran
    Keymaster

You can span 32 feet but you will need to bring in an engineer and it may depend on your roof loads where you will be building.  Be ready to include some steel in your connections.  Most people put T&G on top of the timber frame and then add the SIPs on top of it.  That will give you the look you want but still have the insulation the SIP’s provide.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.