New Member: Mark Weathersbee Griffith Indiana

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Jim Rogers Jim Rogers 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mark weathersbee
    mark weathersbee
    Participant

I’m originally from Central South Georgia but living in the cold northern mid-west for now.

Who you are? Mark Weathersbee
    Where are you?  Griffith Indiana basically north west Indiana just across the border from Chicago/Ill
    What stage are you at in terms of your passion for timber framing? Dreaming mostly. We are moving in the near future and will be buying a house with some elbow room. My first project will be a workshop and from there just see where things go I’m sure I’ll find more to build.
    What stage are you at in terms of designing, cutting or building your timber frame?
    What’s your background? Any cool stories to tell? I grew up on a farm in south Georgia. We used to build our barns using the timber framing method growing up. It was a generational thing that my father’s family did and that’s what he did as well with me. I haven’t done anything building wise in nearly 20 years other than the more traditional stick method.

I’m a hobby blacksmith/bladesmith at this time as that’s about all I can do out of the garage.

Brice Cochran
    Brice Cochran
    Keymaster

Welcome Mark, Looking forward to hearing about your path and project.

Jim Rogers
    Jim Rogers

Welcome

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.