Hi from Normandy

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Brice Cochran Brice Cochran 2 hours, 12 minutes ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Andy Parsons
    Andy Parsons
    Participant

Hi, I am a Brit living in Normandy a stones throw away from Caen and the D-day beaches.

One day I would love to build a timber framed something. I have a small workshop in a timber framed barn that was here when we bought the house. Nothing grand nor ancient built in the 90s.

I do have a small project to build an arbour/trellis/wind break at one end of our terrace. I intend to do this timber frame style. With M&T joinery, angled braces and even a couple of simple scarfs. All in softwood I am afraid as budget wont stretch to oak.

I hope I will be able to explain myself clearly and hope you guys and gals might be able to help

Brice Cochran
    Brice Cochran
    Keymaster

Sorry for my delayed reply, been on holiday and hiding from my computer as best as I could.  Welcome to the site.  Intrigued by your project.  Would love to see some pictures when you have it up.  Let us know if you have any questions along the way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.