Foundation for 12×16 king post shed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jon Lewis Jon Lewis 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jon Lewis
    Jon Lewis
    Participant

I have finished cutting my 12×16 king post that I will enclose to use as a boat house close to the water.  I am deciding on foundation now.  Originally I was going to use Sonatube and poured piers.  Recently I started looking at helical screws.  Would something like the Pylex adjustable helical post work well for the foundation?  It has a bracket to mount a 4×4 which I would plan on using a pressure treated piece for and then strap the timber frame floor to.  If I used 3 posts per side, 8 total, do you think this would suffice?  I’ve built the floor and sill beams to the drawings.  If not the Pylex product is there another screw post foundation you would recommend or should I stick with concrete?  Structue is in sandy on a small creek to the Chesapeake Bay.  Thanks for any input.

Brice Cochran
    Brice Cochran
    Keymaster

I do not have any direct experience in using the Pylex piles.  I have heard of folks using them with great success.  I have sent an email to a couple of engineers to ask them…will let you know what I hear back.

Jon Lewis
    Jon Lewis
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thank you Brice.  I’ll be interested in hearing what you find out.</p>

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.