Ask me anything!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Brice Cochran Brice Cochran 2 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brice Cochran
    Brice Cochran
    Keymaster

I’m offering advice in regard to timber frame design. I know that many people have a lot of questions in that area. I have owned a small timber frame design company and have working in the industry for a while so… ask away.
    I don’t know it all, but I do have a good grasp on most things. If I don’t know it I’ll straight up tell you.

Jim Rogers
    Jim Rogers

What Brice said times two…..

Robert Wagner
    Robert Wagner
    Participant

I recently finished the saw horse and was looking for a beginner – step two project. In looking around, I think something I could use is a raised firewood storage bin (like 10′ x 4′ x 8′ tall with roof).  Any chance someone has plans like this?

RW

Katie Jorg
    Katie Jorg
    Participant

Hi Brice and Jim,

Thank you for being available to new & aspiring timber framers! We are looking to build a carport as our initial project, working up to the house in the next couple of years. We are milling our own timber (douglas fir) from our property in western WA.

I have looked over your frames and I’m not sure what would be the best option for us, and maybe we would need to modify one? Ideally, it would be a simpler design (as our first big project), looking for two cars plus an enclosed end for storage, like a three bay garage with the third bay enclosed; 20×30 +/-.  We would also need to get the plans engineer stamped to get our local building dept to approve them, if you have any recommendations for that process as well (the bldg dept seems receptive thus far).

Thank for any direction!

Katie

Jeff Kucinski
    Jeff Kucinski
    Participant

Here it goes…

Hello, I’m trying like heck to come up with a plan to build a timber frame looking if not real front porch on my house.  Maybe you all can get me where I need to go.  Its not an easy situation.

I am ready to share photos of my starting point and what I am hoping o accomplish.  I have some half baked ideas and need to really vet them out.

Anyone willing to help me?

Thanks,

Fisher

Brice Cochran
    Brice Cochran
    Keymaster

What are you looking to do?  Best to just put it out there and see what you will get!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.