Straining Beam

Straining BeamEvery timber gets its name from where it is in the frame. This beam is between two posts. It holds them apart from the rafters pushing them in.
It is called a “Straining Beam”.

Here is an exploded view of one.

Sometimes they have braces, sometimes they don’t. Usually it has a standard tenon on the end to the post.

, ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply