Nearly three decades ago we started a small timber frame company. Today, along with our sister company Pioneer Millworks, we employ over 100 designers, timberwrights, engineers, craftspeople, artisans, and community members.
Together, we design and build some of the most lyrical and efficient timber frames in the industry, using reclaimed timbers, environmentally responsible practices, and state-of-the-art technology and software. Unlike many companies, we raise our own frames. The same people that cut joinery on a frame also raise it, as were adamant that the intimate knowledge required to produce quality work should accompany the project to the site.
Our clients hail from all over North America (and sometimes beyond). We build these relationships from our shops in New York and Oregon, along with a handful of trusted partners in the US and Canada. Our clients’ dreams, wants, and needs are as diverse as their locations. Some folks are architects, builders, and homeowners creating magnificent lodges in the mountains while others are young couples who want a modest home. Their common thread is love of fine wood, elegant design, and quality craft.
We invite you to pick and choose from our menu of services, incorporating as much or as little into your project as your see fit.
- Architectural design: planning, design, interiors, landscape
- Timber framing: design, engineering, manufacturing, build
- Enclosure systems: structural insulated panels & cellulose insulation
- Construction: project management & general contracting
- Fine woodworking: cabinetry, countertops, doors, stairs, and more
- Recycled wood products: flooring, barn siding, timbers, more