- Carrying out the desired plans and instructions of the clients
- Effective communication skills when dealing with clients, professionals and local authorities
Financial Bid Process
- Preparing Scope of work and RFP Documents
- Establish a budget for the construction project and follow that budget as closely as possible
- Draw Schedule and Breakdown – Used by the bank, owner and Contractor to help insure a smooth project
- Prepare a monthly report – Containing a Budget Worksheet, copies of all Invoices, updated schedule and a overview of work completed that month and what is coming up.
Coordination of Construction
- Adhering to the necessary building standards and safety regulations
- Create and maintain a Construction Schedule
- Ensuring the delivery of the needed materials and equipments
- Calculate and correctly estimate the quantity of materials to be used
- Having a site superintendent on site or be there constantly
- Recruiting and hiring qualified subcontractors who will aid in the construction process
- Liaison between the owner and the craftsmen on issues of concern
This post is in response to a question I was recently asked by Ken, from S.C. about what exactly a contractor does to earn his fee. Do you have any responsibilities you think I should add, if so leave a note in the comments below.